Re: Help for special ACL needed

--On Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:44 AM +0200 Florian Götz <f.goetz@hs-mannheim.de> wrote:

A warm "Hello" from germany to the openldap-technical list!

I´m rather new to OpenLDAP, using version 2.4.12 on a SLES11 server.
I need to write an ACL which allows a user to see his own entry
(objectClass  build up on inetOrgPerson) and nothing else.
I know that this isn´t the intended use of the LDAP system, but our
manager  wants it that way.

Have you looked at the "self" keyword?

      be  considered.	 For  example,	a  "by self.level{1} ..." clause would
      match   when   the   object   "dc=example,dc=com"   is	accessed    by
"cn=User,dc=example,dc=com". A "by self.level{-1} ..." clause would match when the same user accesses the object "ou=Address
      Book,cn=User,dc=example,dc=com".

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc