entryCSN and back-sql

Am I correct in my understanding that 'entryCSN' is updated on every change to an object in order for the replication process to work properly?

In a back-sql implementation, I do not see this attribute stored in the database but when requesting the internal attributes of objects i do get the 'entryCSN' back. however, the value changes every time I do the request.

Can I assume correctly that 'entryCSN' is not being stored and is therefore of no real use when using back-sql and is only being shown to comply with the LDAP standards?

Is it possible to store this attribute in the database by defining it and creating the SQL functions to update it? (same question for creatorsName, createTimestamp, modifiersName, modifyTimestamp, etc)

Marcel Berteler

*Chief Information Officer

*/"May the source be with you"/

Website: http://www.bdsolutions.co.za