Re: Master server error

----- "Ivan Ordonez" <iordonez@nature.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wondering why the master server is trying to contact the slave
> when
> I use any of the smbldap tools?  I would get the message below.
>
> erreur LDAP: Can't contact slave ldap server (IO::Socket::INET:
> connect:
> timeout)
> =>trying to contact the master server
>
> It would then contact the master server and give me the result.
> Instead
> of pulling the information faster, it will take a few minutes.  It is
>
> not a big deal, as things are working fine but I just want to know if
>
> there's a way to get rid of the error.  Please advise.

This is actually to do with the smbldap tools, not OpenLDAP. Check the config
file for the master/slave settings and the Perl code too. The master isn't
trying to contact the slave at ;-)

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html