Re: Adding OU with PSQL backend

Andrew Findlay wrote the following on 2009/04/20 16:58:
(If any of you have a way of allowing us to interrogate our BDB backend with SQL like queries that are relatively fast, than please let me know.)

I assume you are searching on createTimestamp - something like

(&(createTimestamp>=200903010000Z)(createTimestamp<=200904010000Z))
That is indeed how we use it.
Have you indexed this attribute?
I will double check, but even if the 'slowness' is taken away, I still run into the return limit that we have set. Increasing this limit will allow me to retrieve more data, but also opens the server up for DOS problems. Is there a way of having a limit defined that is user based? So the user that is running the stats searches can have a higher limit than other users?
LDAP won't do generic relational operations, but it should be able
to answer that sort of query very well.

Andrew

Marcel Berteler

*Chief Information Officer