Re: Context CSN not updated on OpenLDAP 2.3.11

Adrien Futschik wrote:
> I am aware I should migrate, but for the moment, the only solution I
> have would be to migrate to OpenLDAP 2.3.32,

Why? Please don't take this personally. But if that is because you
strictly rely on Linux distribution packages I'd like to note that your
operational concept is already flawed.

See also:

At my customers I normally have a build system matching the system in
production where I can compile and test OpenLDAP, SASL and BDB myself
installing into a separate prefix. Given that VMware machines are pretty
cheap to set up this is feasible today even if you have various i386 OS
running in production.

> Is it possible to use a newer version of OpenLDAP as slave ? ie. Could I
> use OpenLDAP 2.3.11 as master and OpenLDAP 2.3.32 a slave for a while ?

Not sure. Please examine CHANGES of OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_3 yourself. There
were also changes to make syncrepl compatible with OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4.
But this was in a more recent version.

Ciao, Michael.