Re: Context CSN not updated on OpenLDAP 2.3.11

Le jeudi 16 avril 2009 11:32:57, Michael Ströder a écrit :
> Adrien Futschik wrote:
> > I am facing a major issued for the second time with OpenLDAP 2.3.11.
> > I am aware it is a pretty old version of OpenLDAP, but, it has been
> > working in
> > production for almost a year now without any problem.
>
> Within the 2.3 series the last release was 2.3.43! There were numerous
> syncrepl-related fixes since 2.3.11.
>
> File CHANGES in OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_3 lists:
>
> OpenLDAP 2.3.25 Release (2006/08/01)
> [..]
> Fixed slapd syncrepl contextCSN issue (ITS#4622)
> [..]
>
> So you should definitely upgrade! I'd strongly recommend upgrade to
> 2.4.16 since the 2.3. series is no longer maintained. slapcat/slapadd is
> needed since the DB format changed.
>
> > We are using a OpenLDAP 2.3.11, Berkeley DB 4.4.16 & OpenSSL 0.9.8a all
> > running on Solaris 10.
>
> Note that there are also patches for the BDB releases.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

First of all, thank you for your quick answer.
I am aware I should migrate, but for the moment, the only solution I have would be to migrate to OpenLDAP 2.3.32, wich should solve issue (ITS#4622).

However, I am not sure at all that this bug is what we encounter. The contextCSN is not updated on the master, and therefore the replication stops. But When the master is restarted (contextCSN updating again), the replication restarts a well.

Is it possible to use a newer version of OpenLDAP as slave ? ie. Could I use OpenLDAP 2.3.11 as master and OpenLDAP 2.3.32 a slave for a while ?

Is this not recommended because syncrepl mecanisme changed a lot between those two versions ? I will give it a try anyway. OpenLDAP 2.4.x will be our next target, but needs some additionnal work...

Adrien Futschik