Re: Modifying password by user

Franck Royer wrote:

> I'm installing openldap on a ubuntu intrepid server (8.10). Everything
> is ok except when I want that a user is able to modify his own password
> using phpldapadmin (0x32 LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS).

What ACLs are set? See a basic userPassword-ACL here:

> dante@kollok ~ $ ldappasswd -D "uid=dante,ou=people,dc=kollok,dc=org"
> SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
> Please enter your password:
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)

As a beginner try (in one-line)

ldappasswd -x -D "uid=dante,ou=people,dc=kollok,dc=org"
"uid=dante,ou=people,dc=kollok,dc=org"

for using simple bind instead of SASL/DIGEST-MD5. You also have to
provide the DN of the entry which password is to be set.

Also read more information about (hashed) passwords:

Ciao, Michael.