From: Terry.Gardner@Sun.COM [mailto:Terry.Gardner@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 5:50 PM
To: Hammad Ahmad Bhatti
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Ldap authentication

If you are asking if the superuser account on a Linux system should
authenticate via something other than the local files (/etc/password, /
etc/shadow, etc), then I would remark that that is not something I would
recommend.

On Apr 8, 2009, at 2:47 AM, Hammad Ahmad Bhatti wrote:

> Hello,
> I have configured openldap for SSO. Now I am authenticating all of my
> linux boxes with this SSO. Now I have requirement that my root user
> should not authenticate through this SSO. Rest of all users should
> authenticate through this.
> Can any one have any suggestion for this.
>
> Thannn Koooo
> Hammad Ahmad

======

Terry.Gardner@Sun.COM
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/terrygardner
Blog: http://dtfar.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/tgardner
SLAMD: http://slamd2.dev.java.net

"The best things in life are not things."