Re: open-source admin tools

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Raul Libório <rauhmaru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder which of you are the best open-source tools to maintain a
> database, which currently are the best if they leave ...
> I want to integrate environment, leave everything tied in (LDAP proxy,
> samba, e-mail clients, asterisk, joomla!)
> I see much talk of phpldapadmin, it is that all who speak it?

Hopefully this won't come off as self-marketing, however, we have been
working on a product along similar lines for a while now. The product
is called "Zivios" and is  available here: http://www.zivios.org. Read
a bit about it (especially the blog if you want to checkout some
screens of the coming release) and see if it makes sense for you. It's
open-source and extending it for joomla, would be fairly trivial.

Do note that the current release is not production ready, however
maybe you would be interested enough to keep an eye on it.

Cheers,
Mustafa.