Re: syncrepl issue

Oliver Henriot wrote:
> Dear Michael and list users,
>
> Dans sa grande sagesse, Michael Ströder a écrit, le 30.03.2009 15:43 :
>> Oliver Henriot wrote:
>>> I have a master openldap 2.3 server which is replicated via syncrepl on
>>> half a dozen other servers (2.3 too).
>> Please tell us the exact version.
>
> 2.3.27-8 on Centos5.2

Note that the latest release in the 2.3 series was 2.3.43.

CHANGES in CVS branch OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_3 even mentions "2.3.44
Engineering" with a fix. If you go through CHANGES you will see many
syncrepl-related fixes mentioned after 2.3.27. So you definitely should
use a more recent version. (Yes, we all know the arguments for using the
distro packages. This has been discussed before...)

>>> Due to a legacy application from which I have to import passwords once a
>>> day, the master server is stopped, erased and re-built from scratch once
>>> every day...
>> Why don't you just reset the passwords?
>
> I'd love to, I'd really love to.
> The problem is : this legacy application is used by our clients so we
> can't remove it right now and the person who developped it never
> documented it and has left the team. So I'm stuck with it until all my
> clients migrate to the new application. I'm hoping this won't be too
> long but in the mean time I have to make do with it.

Well, dropping the whole DB resetting all passwords is weird anyway. Why
are you doing replication at all. I'd have a look at this sync
implementation. It can't be too hard to understand it if you have the
source or at least have access to the data model of the source database.

Ciao, Michael.