what ldap configuration paramentrs for ldapclient

Hi,
bharath , thanks for the link,

command  working fine ,
ldapsearch -v -x -W -h 10.10.20.50 -D cn=testuser1,ou=testusers,dc=kpairtest,dc=local -b ou=testusers,dc=kpairtest,dc=local

what is binddn  , rootbinddn , base
part that needs to be specified in ldap.conf

for openldap client,
can we  have either in /etc/ldap.conf or  /etc/openldap/ldap.conf  ?

and does ldapsearch()  automatically looks for configuration in /etc/ldap.conf

Thanks
Santosh Kumar
Sr Software Engineer

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:21:58 -0400 "Kantrapati, Bharath" wrote

Hi santosh,

Your mail is not clear , what is it you are exactly looking
for??

But as the error says the objects you are trying to query would
require you to bind to the active directory with a set of credentials.

Regards

Bharath