Re: limits in openldap 2.3

Dear Pierangelo and list members,

Mea culpa. I had put it in the global section (with the sizelimit
directive), not in the database section. Sorry for taking up your time
with such an obvious mistake and thank you ever so much for your help.
It indeed works fine now.

Best regards,

Dans sa grande sagesse, Pierangelo Masarati a écrit, le 03.03.2009 09:39 :
> Oliver Henriot wrote:
>>
>> Dear Quanah and list members,
>>
>> Indeed, man slapd.conf should have my first guess. Thank you for
>> pointing it out.
>>
>> Nonetheless, I can't get the limits to work.
>> In my master slapd.conf I have :
>>
>>    limits dn.exact="cn=repuser,dc=mydom,dc=fr" size.soft=unlimited
>> size.hard=unlimited size.unchecked=unlimited
>
> Where did you put this statement?  It's supposed to be in the database
> specific configuration.  Also, did you check any configuration error
> message (use -d config)?  OpenLDAP up to 2.3 ignores incorrect
> statements, rather than bailing out like 2.4 does.
>
> p.
>
>> In my replica slapd.conf syncrepl section I have :
>>
>>    bindmethod=simple
>>    binddn="cn=repuser,dc=mydom,dc=fr"
>>    credentials=secret
>>    updatedn="cn=repuser,dc=mydom,dc=fr"
>>
>> However, when I try to sync the replica with the master, it stops after
>> looking up 500 entries. I end up with an incomplete replica which never
>> goes beyond the same point. The limit is confirmed by :
>>
>> # grep be_search slapd.log | wc -l
>> 500
>>
>> in the replica log (I set loglevel to 16384 for this test).
>> That, with the fact that I couldn't find the limits directive in the
>> openldap documentation, is what made me wrongly presume that limits
>> didn't work in openldap 2.3. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>> If I use "sizelimit unlimited" in my master slapd.conf the problem
>> disappears without modifying any other parameter.
>>
>> I presume it's my limits directive that has a problem.
>> I don't think it's the user dn, the user exists in the master directory :
>>
>> $ ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://master.mydom.fr:636/ -b "dc=mydom,dc=fr" -LLL
>> "(cn=repuser)" dn
>> dn: cn=repuser,dc=mydom,dc=fr
>>
>> and anyway it wouldn't work at all, not just for 500 entries.
>>
>> So why are default limits overriding my limits? I really can't work out
>> what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
> OpenLDAP Core Team
>
> SysNet s.r.l.
> via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
> http://www.sys-net.it
> -----------------------------------
> Office:  +39 02 23998309
> Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
> Fax:     +39 0382 476497
> Email:   ando@sys-net.it

- --
Oliver Henriot B.Sc. Ph.D. | Technicien de Maintenance
Moyens Informatiques et Multimédia | UMS MI2S | http://mi2s.imag.fr/
Domaine universitaire BP53 | 38041 Grenoble cedex 9 | France
tel.: +33 4 76 51 43 48 | fax: +33 4 76 51 47 15