Re: N-way multi-master replication

----- "Adrien Futschik" <adrien.futschik@atosorigin.com> wrote:

> I am testing Multi-master replication with two masters.
>
> If I stop one of them and don't restart it before the end of retry
> interval,
> the replication process doesn't work anymore. (looks like it is
> stopped).
>
> exemple :
> - M1 & M2 are synchronised.
> - stop M2
> - add entries to M1
> - wait for retry to fail (retry="5 5 300 5")
> - restart M2
> - previously added entries to M1 are replicated to M2
> - modifying M2 (attributes) are not replicated to M1
>
> It look like M1 -> M2 : OK and M2 -> M1 : broken
>
> Is there a way to restart replication after configured retry are over
> ? The
> solution I found was to restart M1. After that everything seems to
> work fine.
>
> I could set up retry so that the number of retry is very hight, but I
> was
> wondering if there was a way to restart synchronisation online.

"If an error occurs during replication, the consumer will attempt to reconnect according to the retry parameter
which  is  a list of the <retry interval> and <# of retries> pairs.  For example, retry="60 10 300 3" lets the
consumer retry every 60 seconds for the first 10 times and then retry every 300 seconds for the next  3  times
before stop retrying. The '+' in <# of retries> means indefinite number of retries until success.  If no retry
was specified, by default syncrepl retries every hour forever."

Why not just change it to retry="60 +" ?

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html