Re: Cache/Proxy/Replicating a distant, slow LDAP server

Morten Mikkelsen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 3:22 PM, jakjr <joao.alfredo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did you load the syncprov module on master server ?
>
> I cannot control or inspect the primary LDAP server in any way at all.

You can access it via LDAP?

> I'm not even sure what server is being used.

Check the server's rootDSE if access control allows it. Usually there
are many hints therein which server it is.

> Is there no way to one-way-replicate it just by ordinary queries that
> don't impose requirements on it?

That's rather a matter of implementing a custom sync script. Depending
on ACLs and server-side limits this may or may not work.

Ciao, Michael.