Re: Can OpenLDAP get password from AD

On 13.02.2009 10:54, Duong Pham Tung wrote:

Hi,

I am building a solution for web-based application authentication using OpenLDAP as a backend data source. But, in my case, OpenLDAP acts as a proxy and all user information are stored on AD servers. I can get some field from AD to OpenLDAP, but it is not enough for my apps to authentication user because OpenLDAP can’t get password field from ADs. So, can OpenLDAP  have other solutions to solve my problem?

Thanks and Best regards,

Phạm Tùng Dương

Hi,

You could use saslauthd to perform bind operations against the AD server. See http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/security.html#Pass-Through%20authentication