To: "Michael StrÃder" <michael@stroeder.com>
Cc: "Sankhadip Sengupta" <shanks.iit@gmail.com>; <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 5:00 AM
Subject: Re: ldap_search_s hangs with ms active directory

----- "Michael StrÃder" <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Sankhadip Sengupta wrote:

>     I have written a C ldap client to interact with a MS Active
> Directory in Win Server 2003.
>
> When I search for the base DNs from scope LDAP_SCOPE_BASE I get all
the
> results perfectly.But when I try to search for an existing user
> anonymously( I set all the permissions in the ACLS ) it hangs
indefinitely.

In the default config MS AD does not allow anonymous access for most
of
the entries. Why your LDAP client hangs is another question only you
can
answer.

Probably, the library by default tries to chase referrals (and AD can return many), while OpenLDAP's tools don't.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309