Re: Forgotten password recovery

Thanks, but as discussed, even creating a user able to reset all the
userPassword attributes of all other users is not security risk free.
This is what I call a privileged user and I would like to avoid it.
Drupal already supports such a solution, but I don't find it secure
enough.

I had an interesting suggestion on the list : to create a database of
temporary security objects where drupal is the only one who knows the
passwords. Each temporary security object is able to reset one
password in the main database (by the use of regex ACLs) and only
once.