Re: web apps and client certificate authentication

Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

> Yes. However in theory the web app could run within a custom HTTP server
> and intercept the SSL/TLS handshake.

In fact I thought a bit more about it and I do not think it can work: if
the HTTP server intercepts the SSL handshake and proxy it to slapd, then
the SSL connexion will be between the web browser and slapd. The HTTP
server will not be able to handle the request.

In fact we would need a double SSL handshake: one with the HTTP server
and another one with slapd, proxyied by the HTTP server. I am not even
sure it is possible.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz