Re: Self-signed server cert within our corp = failure

Hi,

   You need to find out where your ldap.conf file is and add an entry to that

TLSREQCERT allow

This directive makes the client allow and complete the ssl handshake even if the server cert does not match.

This error that you get is because of the fact that either the CN of the server and the issuer are same or something like that.That is probably error codes 18 or 19(ssl error codes).

Just try this out to be more clear:

$ openssl s_client -connect x.x.x.x:636 -showcerts

Which will barf out the error codes.

Thanks,

Shawn

Quoting Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>:

--On Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:20 PM -0500 Jeff Blaine