From: Gavin Henry [mailto:ghenry@suretecsystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:36 PM
To: Allgood, John
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Syncrepl Questions

----- "John Allgood" <jallgood@ohl.com> wrote:

> I donât think MirrorMode is available in 2.3. Here is my setup below.
> What am I missing? I had to download the overlays from the beta
> channels just to get ppolicy. My goal is to provide a mechanism for
> authentication users and have a redundancy in case I love the
> provider. I may be trying to over analyze this configuration but the
> documents are a little confusing.
>
> 1. Configured a single LDAP server
> 2. Configured syncrepl on the provider
> 3. Configured a single consumer "refreshonly"
> 4. I have several applications and client connecting to the provider.
> Each application and client only point to the provider.
> 	. Squid
> 	. Samba
> 	. Dovecot
> 	. End Users authenticating through gdm

OK, these all look like read only apps. Why not point them to both servers or
setup 2 consumers and point them all to that.

Why are you still on 2.3? Beta channels of what?

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html