I'm joining the modified script I'm using to setup both masters and the LDIF files I'm using to add and remove an entry (+ attributes).

I did not use access-log, is this supposed to work with N-Way Multi-Master replication ? I thought it was only used in case of Delta Synchronization/Replication.

Adrien

 Message date : Dec 18 2008, 02:24 PM
 From : "Miguel Jinez" <miguel.jinez@gmail.com>
 To : adrien.futschik@atosorigin.com
 Copy to : openldap-technical@openldap.org
 Subject : Re: N-Way Multi-Master replication - delete problem

 Maybe in openLdap 2.4.13 it would be solved.

 I had that problem,  and I fixed it using accesslog, but it makes you lose
 performance....

 2008/12/18 Adrien Futschik <adrien.futschik@atosorigin.com>

 > I'm testing N-Way Multi-Master replication with OpenLDAP 2.411.
 >
 > I have setup 2 Masters (m1 & m2) starting form test050-syncrepl-multimaster
 > and modifying it.
 >
 > Every thing seems to work fine except deleting entries.
 >
 > Let me explain.
 > case 1 :
 >   . When I add an entry on m1 it is successfully replicated on m2.
 >   . When I try to delete this entry on m1, it is successfully removed from
 > m1, but not replicated on m2.
 >   . When, I try to delete this entry on m2, it is successfully removed from
 > m2 & m1.
 >
 > case 2 :
 >   . When I add an entry on m2 it is successfully replicated on m1.
 >   . When I try to delete this entry on m2, it is successfully removed from
 > m2, but not replicated on m1.
 >   . When, I try to delete this entry on m1, it is successfully removed from
 > m1 & m2.
 >
 > I don't have the same problem when I delete an attribute or update an
 > entry. Is this normal ?
 >
 > Adrien Futschik

Adrien Futschik

dn: cn=Benoit Carayan,ou=Information Technology Division,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: OpenLDAPperson
cn: Benoit Carayan
sn: Carayan
uid: bcarayan
seealso: cn=All Staff,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com
userpassword:: Ympvcm4=
homepostaladdress: 19923 Seven Mile Rd. $ South Lyon, MI 49999
drink: Iced Tea
title: Director, Embedded Systems
postaladdress: Info Tech Division $ 535 W. William St. $ Anytown, MI 48103
mail: bjorn@mailgw.example.com
homephone: +1 313 555 5444
pager: +1 313 555 4474
facsimiletelephonenumber: +1 313 555 2177
telephonenumber: +1 313 555 0355

dn: cn=All Staff,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: member
member: cn=Benoit Carayan,ou=Information Technology Division,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

dn: cn=ITD Staff,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: uniqueMember
uniqueMember: cn=Benoit Carayan,ou=Information Technology Division,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
dn: cn=All Staff,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
delete: member
member: cn=Benoit Carayan,ou=Information Technology Division,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

dn: cn=ITD Staff,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
delete: uniqueMember
uniqueMember: cn=Benoit Carayan,ou=Information Technology Division,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

dn: cn=Benoit Carayan,ou=Information Technology Division,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: delete