Re: Unix id command and Openldap

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 03:40:54PM -0200, okossuth@antel.com.uy wrote:

> im sending you the /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf of the client.

OK - from a quick scan of those I would expect a group lookup to be
roughly equivalent to this search:

ldapsearch -x -b \
"ou=Grupos,ou=Teleinformatica,dc=vmlx-ldapauth-test,dc=in.iantel.com.uy" \
'(memberUID=XXX)'

where XXX is the username of a user that appears in some group.

What do you get if you try that search? Could you post a typical entry
from the
ou=Grupos,ou=Teleinformatica,dc=vmlx-ldapauth-test,dc=in.iantel.com.uy
area?

It would still be useful to post the log output when running slapd
with loglevel 768 (stats + stats2)

Andrew