Re: OpenLDAP as a 'generic' hierarchical data store

Hi Lorenzo,

There are many companies that are developing product that uses directory servers as a 'generic' hierarchical data store.
Not later than yesterday I was discussing with a company that replaced a SQL database with an LDAP directory server (not OpenLDAP though). The main benefit for them was to have the replication of the data in all of their boxes, simplifying their development and the deployments for their customers. They are even considering leveraging replication as a signaling mechanisms for specific events between the different components of their complex system.

Regards,

Ludovic.