Re: Syncrepl question

--On Friday, December 05, 2008 1:18 PM -0800 Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@nature.berkeley.edu> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

I was able to get it to work earlier when I add the startls=critical
line.  It work when I did it on the slave1, at the time, I made the
slave1 as the master.  Thanks so much for that.  Now moving on the the
real master, things did not go well.  Now the issue is that, any changes
I make on the master, doesn't go to the slaves.  I have two slaves and I
want those two to get the changes.

example:

                Master

        _ _ _ _ _| |_ _ _ _ _
       |                     |
       |                     |
       |                     |
    Slave1               Slave2

Now, when I make any change on the master, the changes will take effect
only on master and not on the slaves.  I will get this error on both
slaves.
Is this because of the acl.bdc.readonly.conf line I have on both slave's
slapd.conf file?  pdbedit -Lv username still work only on account were no
changes are made.

Do you see any errors on the master from the slaves binding? Are you sure they have the right permissions to the master? Did you look at what sync logging shows? What is the contextCSN on your master versus your slaves?

At this point, I suggest we take this discussion back to the list, since we got back your earlier config issue (starttls not being set in the syncrepl config).

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc