Re: Syncrepl question

--On Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:02 AM -0800 Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@nature.berkeley.edu> wrote:

Ivan Ordonez wrote:
I take it back.  I am still getting the error message below even after
removing the "updatedn" line.

slapd[16146]: do_syncrep1: rid 001 ldap_sasl_bind_s failed (13)
slapd[16146]: do_syncrepl: rid 001 quitting

Can someone please help on this.  I have been following the official
documentation carefully to no avail.

Your error indicates that binding from the replica to the master failed. Have you tried doing a bind from the replica itself to the master as the replica's credentials? Something like:

ldapsearch -LLL -x -H ldap://pdc.ldap.com:389 -D "cn=Replicator,ou=DSA,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com" -s base -b "dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com" -w mypassword

from the replica itself.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc