Re: LDAP + SAMBA PDC

On Thursday 23 October 2008 09:40:13 Arun NAIR wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I have made an LDAP + Samba PDC and am able to add users to it as well.
> But when I try to login using ssh to the user name I get the error
> message Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).  I'm
> really reaching the deadlines now and have tried all the resources I
> could get my hands on it would be greatly appreciated if you guys can
> help me out with this.

You haven't provided any information on what you have or have not set up.

1)Does 'getent passwd username' return anything for users in LDAP (e.g.
'getent passwd joe').

2)Is PAM set up to use pam_ldap for authentication ? Please consult your
/etc/pam.d/system-auth or /etc/pam.d/common-auth files or /etc/pam.conf (not
sure which, as you don't state what distro/OS you are using).

3)Is ssh configured to authenticate via PAM or not?

Regards,
Buchan