Re: index_param failed

--On September 27, 2008 10:19:59 AM +0200 Denis BUCHER <dbucherml@hsolutions.ch> wrote:

Hello !

Quanah Gibson-Mount a Ãcrit :
# slapindex
bdb_db_open: database already in use
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (-1)
slap_startup failed

slapindex can only be run while the server is stopped.

Ok, thanks a lot for your confirmation, but now I have a problem : the whole mail server (both SMTP and IMAP) are based on LDAP, therefore I can't stop LDAP without interrupting services, is there a "clean" way to do that ?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions

Schedule downtime?

And I'd advise setting up at least one replica, etc, so you can have your services look at multiple LDAP servers, so LDAP isn't a single point of failure.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc