Re: Configuring MirrorMode via cn=config

> ----- "Pavlos Parissis" <p_pavlos@freemail.gr> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am writing to ask for a confirmation on the steps that I followed
> > configure MirrorMode replication via cn=config
> >
> > The step is the typical, 2 nodes where m1 is the first node and m2 is
> > the second one.
> >
> > 1) start m1
> > 2) create dit
> > 3) add mirrormode_user
>
> OK.
>
> > 4) slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d
> >    chown -R ds-ldap.ds-ldap slapd.d
>
> Why do this? Why not start m1 from a basic slapd.d and then add all
> above on the fly via cn=config?

Because I don't have a basic slapd.d, the dir is empty. The replica
configuration are added via cn=config when I have converted my basic
slapd.conf to slapd.d on both servers.

I don't think that I do something wrong here or stupid, what do you think?

> > 5) stop m1 ;start m1
> > 6) enable sync log
> > 7) start m2
> > 8) slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d
> >    chown -R ds-ldap.ds-ldap slapd.d
> > 9) stop m2;start m2
> > 10) enable sync log
> > 11) add replication configuration on m1 [1]
> > 12) add replication configuration on m2 [2]
>
> See above.

Cheers,
Pavlos