Pls help : how to make mail id as unique attribute

Hi list,

We have an openldap server 2.4 on redhat enterprise linux 4 update 7. We import users from Windows Active Directory(AD) running Windows Server 2003.

We are mapping the mail attribute from the source (AD) to the destination (openldap) & want the mail id to be unique accross the ldap directory so that no two email ids will be same while replicating from different Source .

How to achive that ? Do we have to modify our schema ?

We are using the following schema in our slapd.conf -

include         /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

Can you pls help ?

Thanks & Regards,

Somnath Pal
Server Management Unit