Re: ldapsearch - Active Directory proxyaddresses:smtp

Michael StrXder wrote:
> Chris Henderson wrote:
>> I am trying to filter proxyaddress:smtp email addresses querying
>> Active Directory. I need to use this for sendmail address lookup. I
>> tried the following queries but they give a lot of  extraneous
>> information I don't need.
>
> If you search for an entry all attribute values of attribute
> proxyaddress are returned. There's a LDAP extended control called
> valuesReturnFilter (see RFC 3876) for this use-case. But AFAIK MS AD
> does not implement it.
>
> So you have to sort things out at the client side.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

I am also finding I am in the same ball park.  I am performing a search
for a user home directory and just want the value and nothing else to be
used in a bash script.  I am finding the same question asked by others
but at the same time I am not finding or understanding how it is done
without the ldif information.

-Adam