Re: ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Kristen Walker wrote:
If anyone can tell me how I can recover from this, I will do back flips.  I
don't care about throwing the whole database away at this point and starting
over.

Just remove all files from directory /usr/local/var/openldap-data/ except file DB_CONFIG.

BTW: You should also check ownership and permissions of the files. If slapd is normally started as another user (check the start/stop script normally used) you should not start it as root and let it create the DB files as root.

Ciao, Michael.