Re: VMware and mirror/multimaster

Dave Horsfall wrote:
Has anyone tried mirroring or multimaster under VMware i.e. are the virtual clocks stable enough?

This very much depends on the hardware your host system is running on and the guest OS you're using.

Example but without OpenLDAP:
I've prepared a VM running Debian Linux 4.0 Etch for a customer with VMWare workstation on my old Linux notebook and had many time sync problems running it locally. But I did not bother tweaking the guest OS' kernel settings for solving this because in production it runs on a ESX cluster on very fast hardware. No clock sync issues there at all. BTW: It's using Kerberos so everybody would recognize a significant clock skew. ;-)

There is clock sync information by VMWare.

Ciao, Michael.