Re: VMware and mirror/multimaster

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Howard Chu wrote:

> Thinking about this some more - why would you ever do this? If you're
> consolidating many physical servers into a single physical server, just
> run a single slapd on the consolidated server. You'll have more RAM
> available and much less overhead.

That's the point; I'm looking for arguments against it, should it ever
come to pass.

They're unlikely to all be on the same server of course, but I really
don't want them virtualised at all.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM VK2KFU  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (direct) +61 2 9552-5500 (switch)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU