Re: Single master/multislave and passwords

Bryan Payne a Ãcrit :
> Our master is in dallas. One slave is in ohio. Our ohio users bind to
> their local server for speed's sake. This is obviously a problem if they
> change their password. Is there a way to bind locally but when it comes
> to updating passwords, it inform the master instead?

I think you're looking for the updateref parameter. That will return a
referral to clients telling them to contact the master for updates.

If you want to take this further and make it transparent (seem like the
slave accepts writes), take a look at slapo-chain.

Regards,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Clarke

Open Source Software Assurance (OSSA) - Groupe LINAGORA
27 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris
TÃl: 01 58 18 68 28, fax: 01 58 18 68 29
http://www.linagora.com - http://www.08000linux.com