Re: Automatically create home directory uppon Email login

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Stelios A. <stelios.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Almir,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I found limited docs about virtual users and I'm
> confused how to achieve what you suggested.
> Would you please be more specific or post a usufull tutorial/manual?

i am not familiar with sendmail, so if you want to remain there i
can't help you. i am using postfix with virtual_transport = dovecot
and than in dovecot.conf i have:

  userdb static {
      args = uid=5000 gid=5000 home=/home/postfix/%n@%d allow_all_users=yes
  }

you can costumize it so you don't have to move your mbox files, or you
can move your mbox files and costumize it to reflect that (it should
be noted that i use maildir).

IMHO a very good resource for mail related stuff is the isp style etch
tutorial at workaround.org

--
For far too long, power has been concentrated in the hands of "root"
and his "wheel" oligarchy. We have instituted a dictatorship of the