Re: Client says Can't contact LDAP server, but it can!

--On Monday, July 21, 2008 8:30 AM -0700 John Oliver <joliver@john-oliver.net> wrote:

What can I do to troubleshoot this?  OpenLDAP client says
ldap_simple_bind Can't contact LDAP server but it can resolve the name,
ping the server, connect to port 636... and I have no details as to why
it thinks it cannot contact the server.  Many other clients authenticate
to the same server, and I'm using the same ldap.conf, nsswitch.conf, and
pam.d/system-auth files.

I'd note that port 636 is ldaps://, if you are using an ldap:// URL, it is unlikely to be able to connect, because it'll try and use port 389.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc