Re: Migration from Sun Directory Server to OpenLDAP.

Jayesh Kamdar wrote:
Hi,

I am kind of newbie to LDAP. I do have little experience with Sun LDAP
but not an expert. Now, I am being asked to move over Sun ldap servers
to OpenLDAP.

I am looking for any pointers, document or if any one has personal
experience on how easy/tough it is to do this migration from SunLDAP to
OpenLDAP.

Several of Symas' customers have done this migration. It's pretty straightforward, but you should probably run both services in parallel for a little while to see if any of your applications need to be reworked.

--
  -- Howard Chu