Re: Syncrepl : Monitor Replication issues

Selon Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net>:

> On Tuesday 10 June 2008 09:57:21 smainklh@free.fr wrote:
> > Selon Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net>:

> > > I use: http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/hobbit/bb-openldap.pl
> > >
> > > With Hobbit it looks like this:
> > > http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/hobbit/ol.html
> > > http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/hobbit/
> > >
> > > You can use it without Hobbit though (or see what it does and adapt it to
> > > whatever you use for monitoring).
> > >
> > > It requires that you have the monitor backend loaded, and anonymous read
> > > access to the monitor database from the monitor host.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Buchan
> >
> > thank you Buchan,
> >
> > Could you please let me know how to use and custom your script without
> > hobbit or any monitoring system ?
>
> The script works well with hobbit, all the instructions required are on the
> site above.
>
> > Is there a way to use it in order to send mails alerts?
>
> This is the job of the monitoring system. For example, if you have configured
> Hobbit to send alerts for events on the 'ol' test this script runs, you will
> get notifications as appropriate to the rules for the notifications that are
> configured in Hobbit.
>
> Regards,
> Buchan

Hi Buchan,

I followed your advices and installed hobbit. I'm trying to configure it but i
can't find any information about how to do it.
Hobbit is already working well but nothing appears about ldap (see atached
file).

I followed exactly the steps below :
   1.  Download bb-openldap.pl and save it in some useful place, such as
~hobbit/server/ext/
   2. Download ol-launch.cfg to /etc/hobbit/hobbitlaunch.d, and adjust any paths
as necessary
   3. Download ol-graph.cfg to /etc/hobbit/hobbitgraph.d
   4. Add ol=ncv to TEST2RRD in hobbitserver.cfg, and a new line with
NCV_ol="ReadWaiters:GAUGE,WriteWaiters:GAUGE,CurrentConnections:GAUGE"

Sorry for the inconvenience but could you please help me to get this working?

Thank you in advance,
Smain