ldap database backend vs requests

Hi there,

 I would like to know if in a database backend it's possible to know the request binded DN at on the search call?

 What I want is to build a wrapper database backend and integrate LDAP protocol with the private protocol used on the backend authentication/authorization system at my work. Our backend system deals with authentication/authorization and search in one request, usually our request is composed of: user + pass + input parameters + atributes (to be returned).

 I appreaciate any help!

:: Ricardo Moreira