Re: Help with ACL's for userPassword updates

Hi Martin,

Martin Benson a Ãcrit :
> Hi I need some help with the Access Control Lists in my slapd.conf file.
> I need to allow myself to update a userâs password for when they forget
> their password. With no ACLâs in place I can do this using a ldapmodify
> command that authenticates as âcn=Manager,dc=example,dc=comâ. I normally
> have the following in my ACLâs:
>

> access to attrs=userPassword
>         by self write
>         by anonymous auth
>         by * none
> access to * by * read
>
> What do I need to do to change this to allow the manager to change the
> userPassword attribute.

If your "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" user is the rootdn of your
database, you should be able to modify any attributes using this
account, whatever your ACLs.

Otherwise, or if you want to allow this explicitly, you could add this
line after "by self write":
	by dn.exact="cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" write

Jonathan Clarke

Open Source Software Assurance (OSSA) - Groupe LINAGORA
27 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris
TÃl: 01 58 18 68 28, fax: 01 58 18 68 29
http://www.linagora.com - http://www.08000linux.com