Re: how to stop openldap

Paul Lee writes:
> I know to start openldap, the following command is used.
>  > slapd -f slapd.conf
> but to shutdown openldap, what is the command used  ?
>
> Currently, I am using "pkill slapd" but I think it's not the proper way.

Yes, it is.

Though if you start slapd via some script in /etc/rc.d/, then you should
presumably stop it the same way so rc can keep track of its own magic.

And of course if you have several slapd processes (e.g. while testing)
you'll need to kill the right one.  You can make it write its pid to a
file with the "pidfile" directive in slapd.conf.

--
Hallvard