Re: Password policy definitions

Hi Michael,

Bellow you can see my slapd.conf and slapd debug messages

2008/4/28 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>:
> Gustavo Mendes de Carvalho wrote:
>

> > T be sure about what error I got when I was using pwd policy, I was
> > checking ldap.log file and I saw that when I define in slapd.conf file
> > the statement
> > overlay ppolicy
> > my ldap does not starts.
> >

>  Any meaningful message written to the log when startup failed?
>
>  How about just starting slapd from command-line with debug level set with
> option -d?

when starting slapd with this command
# slapd2.4 -d -1
I got this messages

line 29 (pidfile         /var/run/ldap2.4/slapd.pid)
line 30 (argsfile        /var/run/ldap2.4/slapd.args)
line 31 (logfile         /var/log/ldap.log)
line 32 (loglevel        256)
line 84 (overlay /usr/lib/openldap2.4/ppolicy)
overlay "ppolicy" not found
/etc/openldap2.4/slapd.conf: line 84: <overlay> handler exited with 1!
slapd2.4 destroy: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

and my slapd.coonf has this lines

include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/misc.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/nis.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/openldap.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/evolutionperson.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/sudo.schema
include         /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/ppolicy.schema

pidfile         /var/run/ldap2.4/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/ldap2.4/slapd.args
logfile         /var/log/ldap.log
loglevel        256

 modulepath     /usr/lib/openldap2.4
 moduleload     back_ldap.la
 moduleload     back_passwd.la
 moduleload     accesslog.la
 moduleload     pcache.la
 moduleload     ppolicy.la
 moduleload     unique.la

overlay ppolicy
ppolicy_default "dc=domain,dc=com"
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=domain,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com"
rootpw          {SSHA}KybohLTa4NZZYc2C4iAefyNYq8ghnGsx
directory       /var/lib/ldap2.4
mode            0600
cachesize       1000000
checkpoint      256 60

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200701/msg00242.html
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200701/msg00240.html
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200701/msg00246.html

>  You might have to load this overlay in slapd.conf before using it.
>
>  moduleload      ppolicy.la
>  [..]
>  overlay ppolicy

As you can see above, I already try to load it

---
Gustavo Mendes de Carvalho
e-mail: gmcarvalho@gmail.com