Re: OpenLDAP: slave is not being updated by master and replog is empty

--On Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:52 AM -0700 brad davison <gh0t1@yahoo.com> wrote:

Make sure syncprov was included with the build of OpenLDAP
you are running.
Make sure if they use modular builds that you load it
first.  And yes,
overlay statements must *always* come last in the OpenLDAP
2.3 release
series inside a given database definition if they apply to
a database.

I was able to load syncprov as a module. It is right after the includes. The 'provider' is now running with the following syncrepl directives:

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

Here is what I added to my 'consumer' server:

syncrepl rid=123
     provider=ldap://dc01-ubuntu.example.local:389
     type=refreshOnly
     interval=00:00:00:10
     searchbase="dc=example,dc=local"
     schemachecking=off
     bindmethod=simple
     bindn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=local"
     credentials=secret

However, although I am no longer getting any errors, it still does not
appear to be replicating.  The 'provider' had a new user added, but the
'consumer' did not get the change. Where are the syncrepl log files
specified?  I did not see any entries in syslog, or messages.

Thank you again for your help.

Why are you using refreshOnly? refreshAndPersist is substantially better.

Have you compared the CSN's of the master & replica? Did you verify the replica DB matched the master DB? IIRC, you were having replication problems prior to using syncrepl. Your best bet would likely to be to slapcat the master and then use that to reload the replica, and then see whether or not replication works after that point.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc