Re: OpenLDAP: slave is not being updated by master and replog is empty

> Make sure syncprov was included with the build of OpenLDAP
> you are running.
> Make sure if they use modular builds that you load it
> first.  And yes,
> overlay statements must *always* come last in the OpenLDAP
> 2.3 release
> series inside a given database definition if they apply to
> a database.
>
> --Quanah
>
> --

I was able to load syncprov as a module.  It is right after the includes.  The 'provider' is now running with the following syncrepl directives:

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

Here is what I added to my 'consumer' server:

syncrepl rid=123
     provider=ldap://dc01-ubuntu.example.local:389
     type=refreshOnly
     interval=00:00:00:10
     searchbase="dc=example,dc=local"
     schemachecking=off
     bindmethod=simple
     bindn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=local"
     credentials=secret

However, although I am no longer getting any errors, it still does not appear to be replicating.  The 'provider' had a new user added, but the 'consumer' did not get the change. Where are the syncrepl log files specified?  I did not see any entries in syslog, or messages.

Thank you again for your help.

Be a better friend, newshound, and