Re: OpenLDAP: slave is not being updated by master and replog is empty

--On Monday, April 21, 2008 7:12 AM -0700 brad davison <gh0t1@yahoo.com> wrote:

Is there a particular order that the overlay syncprov directive needs to
be at?  I added the following lines to my master slapd.conf (after
removing the replica and replog entries):

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

under the 'database bdb' section, then further down, modified index for:

index           objectClass,entryCNS,entryUUID eq

as the OpenLDAP Software 2.3 admin's guide suggested.

but when I run slapd on the master I get:
--------------------------------
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd - failed.
The operation failed but no output was produced. For hints on what went
wrong please refer to the system's logfiles (e.g. /var/log/syslog) or
try running the daemon in Debug mode like via "slapd -d 16383" (warning:
this will create copious output).

Below, you can find the command line options used by this script to
run slapd and slurpd. Do not forget to specify those options if you
want to look to debugging output:
  slapd -g openldap -u openldap
--------------------------------

so i ran the 'slapd -d 16383' and I get:
line 72 (overlay syncprov)
overlay "syncprov" not found
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 72: <overlay> handler exited with 1!
slapd destroy: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Make sure syncprov was included with the build of OpenLDAP you are running. Make sure if they use modular builds that you load it first. And yes, overlay statements must *always* come last in the OpenLDAP 2.3 release series inside a given database definition if they apply to a database.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc