Re: Invalid syntax (21)

Luke Lee <leeluke77@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I encounter a situation where I couldn't find any syntax errors in my ldif file but failed to use
> ldapadd to add entries. I didn't find any trailing spaces at the end of each objectClass. The
> following is the error message:
>
> adding new entry "cn=LocalSales,ou=Netgroup,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
> ldapadd: Invalid syntax (21)
>         additional info: nisNetgroupTriple: value #0 invalid per syntax
>
> My ldif file is like the following:
[...]
> dn: cn=LocalSales,ou=Netgroup,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> objectClass: nisNetgroup
> objectClass: top
> cn: LocalSales
> nisNetgroupTriple: (,luke_l,mydomain.com)
> nisNetgroupTriple: (,sam_c,mydomain.com)
> nisNetgroupTriple: (,amy_s,mydomain.com)
> nisNetgroupTriple: (,anita_c,mydomain.com)
> nisNetgroupTriple: (,jim_f,mydomain.com)

The nisnetgrouptriple syntax is described in RFC-2307 as follows:

Values in this syntax are represented by the following:
 nisnetgrouptriple = "(" hostname "," username "," domainname ")"
 hostname          = "" / "-" / keystring
 username          = "" / "-" / keystring
 domainname        = "" / "-" / keystring

See RFC-2307 for examples.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung