pwdExpirationWarned not present

Dear all,

I am using openldap 2.4.8 and testing with the pwdExpireWarning and the pwdMaxAge

I set the pwdExpireWarning = 100 and the pwdMaxAge = 120

Then, I preform a change in password operation. and wait for 20 seconds (120 - 100).

I then preform a Authentificaiton to the LDAP several times, I see from the log indicate that it now falls in the warning period (i.e. about to expire but not yet expired)

Apr 17 19:47:47 ldap0 slapd[7519]: ppolicy_bind: Setting warning for password expiry for cn=paul,ou=SCIG,ou=Govt-Dept,o=HKSARG = 96 seconds

However, when I retrieve the operational attributes for that user, I can't see the pwdExpirationWarned attribute.

How can I detect the user is in the "about to expire" state ?

Thanks

Confidential Communication - This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake please inform us by reply e-mail and then delete the e-mail, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the information in it.