Re: OpenLDAP 2.3 Make Test Failed

--On Friday, April 11, 2008 4:35 PM -0700 Luke Lee <leeluke77@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to appreciate all people who previously helped out my OpenLDAP
2.3 build process. Now, I come to the last stage but got stuck at the
"make test" stage. It failed with the following messages:

I triled to resolve the problem by creating a symbolic link to the shared
lib under the /usr/local/ssl/lib but in vain. Can anyone please help?
I'll highly appreciate it!

You need to set the run path correctly when building, so that slapd knows what paths to search to find the libraries.

For example, in my OpenLDAP build, I have:

LDFLAGS="-L$(OPENSSL_LIB_DIR) -L$(BDB_LIB_DIR) -L$(CYRUS_LIB_DIR) -R$(OPENSSL_LIB_DIR) -R$(BDB_LIB_DIR) -R$(CYRUS_LIB_DIR)"

and when I go to make:

LD_RUN_PATH=$(OPENSSL_LIB_DIR):$(BDB_LIB_DIR):$(CYRUS_LIB_DIR) $(MAKE) $(MAKEARGS);

that should get you going in the right direction.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc