Re: OpenLDAP 2.3 Configure Error

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 11:56 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Friday, April 11, 2008 11:53 AM -0700 Luke Lee <leeluke77@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi Tommy,
> >
> > Thank you very much for the help. I also want to give thanks to whoever
> > spent time reading my previous and this emails. It appears to me that I
> > just couldn't find my mistake.
> >
> > I corrected it per your instrcution. However, I am encountering another
> > error message now. The error message says:
>

> OpenLDAP 2.3 does not support building with BDB 4.6.
>
> --Quanah

Yes, as Quanah had pointed out, the corrective action is to either
1) use BDB 4.5.20 (supported by openLDAP 2.3) or
2) use openLDAP 2.4.8 in order to use BDB 4.6.x.

In either case, if your bdb libraries are not installed into /libs
or /usr/libs, you'll need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where BDB libraries
are installed (e.g. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib) before starting configure to avoid
getting the version mismatch error.

Good luck,
\Tommy