Re: slapd memory footprint

--On Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:21 AM +0200 Stelios Grigoriadis <stelios.xx.grigoriadis@ericsson.com> wrote:

After running some test we observed that slapd is consuming a
considerable amount of memory, why is that? We ran one client that
retrieved the entire tree (it was pretty small anyway) and 10 other
clients that searched for a particular item. Comparing version 2.3.39
with 2.3.32 the footprint increases. From top:

Is this to be expected? By decreasing the cachesize we got:

The following things affect the size of slapd:

BDB cache size in DB_CONFIG
Number of file descriptors made available to slapd
Entry cache (cachesize in slapd.conf)
idlcachesize (in slapd.conf)

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc